I will show you the way...

I, Kieran Stormcaller, will show you around the Spiral with my trusty army of cats.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Internet Safety

 A couple of days ago I got an email from a "Mr. Issouf Usman". This person claimed he was in charge of a Bank of Africa (B.o.A.). He said that one of his clients (and all of that clients relatives) had died in a plane crash in 2000. He said that this man left (quote) "10.5 million dollars US dollars. TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND!!" He claimed he would give me half in exchange for:
Your Full Name........................?
Your Sex.......................?
Your Age.......................?
Your Country.............................?
Your Phone No...........................?
Your Fax No.....................?
Immediately I suspected he was a stalker or something. But who knows he might have been actually giving me 10.5 million dollars... I was NOT willing to risk it. A couple of ways I saw it was a giveaway; a Bank Owner would not write this:
"...I request your response as soon as possible. i require it so i can send you the text of the document..."
The giveaway:
"...I request your response as soon as possible. i require it so i can send you the text of the document..."
A banker would NOT change between caps and well the other one in something like this. But who knows. The point is NEVER TRUST ANYONE. NEVER GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT!!! Weather it is in W101 or in real life.  On you tube there is a video claiming: "FREE SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR W101!! Just comment with your Username and Password and I will give you a free Sub!" NEVER REVEAL YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD! EVEN IF THEY ARE OFFERING YOU  10.5 MILLION DOLLARS OR 10.5 MILLION CROWNS!!! NEVER GIVE ANYTHING AWAY!!!.
Thank you for listening to my rant.
-Kieran Stormcaller

1 comment: